- Geographical areas of activities & services
- Organisation type
In order to accomplish its most important mission of promoting RE in Portuguese-speaking countries, ALER presents its goals in three main axis: knowledge, capacity building and representation.
1) For Knowledge, ALER’s goals are:
• To provide compilation and information releasing services, as well as advisory and communication services within RE framework;
• To promote technical cooperation, sharing of information, experiences, results and communication between Members;
• To prepare and participate in studies or projects, at a national or international level, considered to be interesting for achieving ALER’s goals.
2) For Capacity Building, ALER’s goals are:
• To work with national RE promoting associations in Portuguese-speaking countries and encourage the creation of national associations if non-existent;
• To settle ALER as the central pivot for the promotion of business activities of RE exploitation in Portuguese-speaking countries, both as preferential partner to support foreign entities to enter national markets and to empower already existing national entities, gathering synergies between all Portuguese-speaking countries;
• To promote cooperation and communication of Members with political decision-making bodies and financial and social bodies of Portuguese-speaking countries by sharing information, providing support and advice, preparing recommendations and proposing the adoption of important measures for achieving ALER’s goals;
• To identity investment lines at a national and international level, to support fundraising and to prepare applications, and also to promote contacts between Members and investment entities acting within the scope of their activity.
3) For Representation, ALER’s goals are:
• To settle ALER as an international platform to represent and promote RE in Portuguese-speaking countries and to represent and promote Members in other international bodies operating in RE sectors or related sectors (climate, environment, or cooperation for development) or cooperation bodies between Portuguese-speaking countries;
• To work as a confederation of renewable energies national Associations of Portuguese-speaking countries;
• To organize meetings and events and to participate in events and other initiatives within the common interests of its Members;
• To coordinate technical teams and RE business missions in Portuguese-speaking countries.