As previously mentioned, on 18 July the Republic of Peru deposited before WIPO their accession and ratification to the following Agreements:
- Locarno Agreement, that establishes a classification for industrial designs
- Nice Agreement, establishing a classification of goods and services for the purposes of registering trademarks and service marks
- Strasbourg Agreement, which establishes the International Patent Classificaiton (IPC), and divides technology into eight sections with approximately 80,000 subdivisions.
- Vienna Agreement that establishes a classification (the Vienna Classification) for marks that consist of, or contain, figurative elements.
- The Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement. This instrument provides for the international protection of appellations of origin and geographical indications through a single procedure with WIPO
These 5 Agreements will enter into force in Peru on 18 October 2022.
To read more, please refer to WIPO's website.
- Publication date
- 16 August 2022