Intellectual Property (IP) commercialization is the process of turning an idea or invention into a product that can be purchased and sold.
Joining forces with e-shapeIP and Innovation Office (Evenflow) and EARSC, the European IP Helpdesk team organized an IP training session on „Intellectual Property Commercialisation and Licensing”. In this training session Senior IP expert Dr Christian Hackl has provided overview of key aspects in the field of intellectual property licensing, including negotiation tips and legal traps.
In this interactive webinar, the following questions and topics were mainly addressed:
- What is a license agreement and when should it be used?
- What are the main differences between a license agreement and other contracts? (assignment and distribution agreement).
- What are the options for the patent owner to take advantage of a patent?
- Are there more options for an SME than to build a product (based on IP) and sell it?
- When does licensing make sense?
- Best practice case studies in technology licensing
The recording of the training session is available here.
In addition, there are a number of other online session recordings available on the European IP Helpdesk E-Learning page.
- Publication date
- 24 January 2023