1. Event Details:
Event type: Webinar
Date: 28 April 2021
Time: 10:00 AM (CEST) / 3:00 PM (ICT)
2. Programme Synopsis:
The South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk in collaboration with the European Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Lao PDR (ECCIL) is organising a Webinar on Trade Mark Protection & Enforcement and Intellectual Property-Related Updates in Laos. The aim of this webinar is to improve awareness among EU SMEs and public & private stakeholders on the recent IP changes, as well as promote the need to improve their protection following EU best practices.
Mr. Dino Santaniello, External Expert of the South-East Asia IP SME and Head of Tilleke & Gibbins's office in Laos will give an overview of the main topic and then discuss several practical case studies/ examples in SEA. After the keynote presentation, there will be a Q&A addressing all the questions that the audience might have.
3. Programme Content:
- Protecting your trade marks in Laos:
- Brief overview of the legal framework concerning trade marks in Laos.
- Which trade marks can be protected in Laos.
- How to Register a trade mark in Laos (national application and international application).
- Focus on parallel imports and license agreements:
- Is parallel import authorised in Laos?
- Is the registration of a license agreement mandatory in Laos?
- Trade mark enforcement:
- Overview of the available options.
- Case studies/examples in Laos.
- Recent updates on intellectual property.
Book your seat, 1 week left to register, registration will end on 28 April 2021, 11:00
- Intellectual property | Trademark | Patent
- Live streaming available
- South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk & European Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Lao PDR (ECCIL)
- Live stream
- Online link
- Online time
- Entrance fee
- Free of charge
Name: Dino Santaniello
Firm: Tilleke & Gibbins
Location: Vientiane, Laos
Dino Santaniello is the head of Tilleke & Gibbins' office in Laos. He has broad experience across many fields of law, including patents and trademarks, privacy and data protection, corporate establishment, licensing, and other commercial transactions. Dino advises both domestic and international companies on legal matters in Laos and Thailand, and, based on the strengths of his client service and legal expertise, is recognized as a “rising star” in Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2018, and as a "Leading Lawyer" in The Asia-Pacific Legal 500 2019.
Prior to joining Tilleke & Gibbins, Dino worked as an in-house counsel in the insurance and oil and gas industries. During this time, he advised on corporate and commercial issues, as well as intellectual property matters such as trade secrets and restrictive covenants.
Dino has spent significant time in studying foreign languages with the aim of helping inbound investors entering into Asian markets. He is fluent in French, English, Lao, and Thai, and he is conversant in Korean.