1. Programme Synopsis:
Have you ever been involved in an IP or commercial dispute before a Court? It is indeed a lengthy and expansive procedure. However, did you know that you could easily save time and money by using the path of the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)? ADR refers to a range of procedures that are used to resolve disputes as an alternative to going to trial before a Court. These procedures involve independent intermediaries (such as mediators, arbitrators or experts) to facilitate the resolution of disputes in a totally confidential and neutral way.
According to recent statistics from WIPO, SMEs overall represent 37% of the parties involved in WIPO mediations and arbitrations so sign up for this webinar and explore with us from a practical point of view how you can benefit from ADR in South-East Asia with a special highlight on Singapore and Vietnam.
We look forward to having you on 19 August 2021 at 10.00 (CEST)/ 15.00 (ICT)/ 16.00 (SGT) and seize the opportunity to discuss with our outstanding speakers further how ADR can be a very efficient solution to your IP and commercial issues.
2. Programme Content:
- Part 1: Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in Singapore (Speaker: Mr. Jevon Louis, Partner at Shook Lin & Bok LLP and External Expert of SEA IP SME Helpdesk):
- Introduction to ADR;
- ADR v Litigation;
- Types of ADR Mechanisms in Singapore;
- ADR in IP Disputes;
- Drafting ADR Clauses in Contracts;
- Part 2: Introduction to the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center (Speaker: Ms. Chiara Accornero, Representative of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center in Singapore):
- Advantages of ADR to resolve IP and Technology Disputes;
- WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center and WIPO Rules;
- WIPO case example.
- Part 3: ADR in SEA/ Mediation in Vietnam (Speakers: Mr. Son Doan - IP Attorney, Managing Partner of IP Max Law Firm, Accredited Mediator of VICMC, External Expert of SEA IP SME Helpdesk & Ms. Huong Tran - Accredited Mediator, Deputy Director of Relation Affair of VICMC):
- Commercial meditation and current practice in Vietnam:
(i) Dispute resolution alternatives in Vietnam;
(ii) Available methods of mediation in Vietnam;
(iii) Current regulations and meditation centers;
(iv) Advantages, disadvantages of commercial mediation and current practices.
- Resolving IP Disputes by commercial mediation:
(i) IP dispute resolution: Types of disputes, available procedures, authorities competent to handle IP disputes;
(ii) Current practice;
(ii) Resolving IP dispute via commercial mediation: Current practice and potential, a case study.
Book your seat, 2 weeks left to register, registration will end on 19 August 2021, 11:00
- Intellectual property | Alternative dispute resolution | Settlement of disputes
- Live streaming available
- South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk & WIPO
- Live stream
- Online link
- Online time
- Entrance fee
- Free of charge
- Mr. Jevon Louis - Partner at Shook Lin & Bok LLP & External Expert of SEA IP SME Helpdesk.
- Ms. Chiara Accornero - Representative of the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center in Singapore, IP Disputes Section at WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center.
- Mr. Son Doan - Managing Partner at IPMAX Law Firm & External Expert of SEA IP SME Helpdesk.
- Ms. Huong Tran - Accredited Mediator, Deputy Director of Relation Affair of Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center (VICMC).