In the week of the 7th to the 13th of November, every individual or organisation in Europe, is invited to join inventors, scientists and young people in a conversation on Europe’s inventiveness and how to encourage the next generation to become the inventors of tomorrow.
During the official European Inventors Week, several events will be held in the European Parliament in Brussels. The on-site programme will feature a wide range of activities such as exhibitions, roundtable discussions and interviews with inventors, experts and many others.
- innovation | business management | intellectual property
This year’s European Inventors Week (EIW) is the first edition – with the ambition to organise EIW as a yearly event. During the week of 7th November in Brussels and between 1st of September and 30th of November all over Europe, the initiative will connect and give visibility to inventions, inventors and local activities, open a social media conversation and raise awareness among young Europeans, policymakers and European citizens on the importance of inventions, innovation and IPR. European Inventors Week is under the patronage of Ms. Mariya Gabriel, European, Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth.
Why take part in European Inventors Week?
- To raise awareness about the importance of inventors, inventiveness and innovation.
- To celebrate Europe as a driver of invention, innovation and prosperity.
- To engage with Europe’s future inventors and European inventions, by inspiring the younger generations to be the innovators of the future.
- To get visibility in the debate around invention and innovation in Europe.
- To win a flight to Brussels to participate in European Invtentors Week 2023 and win a drone.
Although EIW mainly takes part during one week in November, all organisations and individuals are invited to take part in different activities and social media campaigns any time from September to November.