But the nature of software raises many issues concerning its management, protection and exploitation. This is due to the range of different application areas; its ability to operate globally; its fast rate of development, adaptation and change; and its composite nature. Because we also live in an interconnected world, software needs to manage its interfaces, and to take into consideration formal and de-facto standards, to ensure seamless interoperability.
This webinar will look at some specific issues concerning the protection and exploitation of software, such as the most appropriate IP Rights to use (e.g. patents, database rights, etc), and different exploitation models for design tools, product and services (e.g. Open Source licensing, start-ups, etc).
This webinar is relevant for all those involved with developing and exploiting software tools, products and services; or acquiring or licensing it in; whether they are SMEs, large companies or researchers.
- Intellectual property | Software
- Live streaming available
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
- Live stream
- Online link
- Online time
- Number of seats
- Entrance fee
- The webinar is offered free of charge.
Host: European IP Helpdesk
Speaker: Dr Eugene Sweeney – CEO Iambic Innovation
Level of Expertise: Basic
After the training, participants should have a better understanding of the following:
• What Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) can be used for Software
• Strategies for managing and protecting software
• Strategies for the exploitation of software tools, products and services
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar will be offered free of charge.
- European IP Helpdesk Training Team