Nowadays, the value of a business is increasingly linked to its intellectual property (IP) assets, which are becoming more important in many sectors. IP can be transferred or licensed, offered to enter into cooperation agreements or contributed as capital in a joint venture. Protecting and managing IP through well-drafted agreements is key for business success. Therefore, the purpose of this session is to be a useful regarding IP exploitation and management. It aims to help businesses better understand contracts in the IP field and to get an idea on different key points and how these should be drafted.
- intellectual property | commercial transaction | business management
- Live streaming available
- Starts on Thursday 24 November 2022, 10:30 CET
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
- Number of seats
- Entrance fee
- The webinar is offered free of charge.
Host: European IP Helpdesk
Speaker: Dr Christian Hackl
Level of Expertise: Intermediary / Advanced
Prerequisites: General knowledge of intellectual property rights
This webinar is the second training (advanced module) on the topic of licensing and aims at providing an overview of the key terms, which should be addressed in a (patent) license agreement and discusses the possible options for each of the terms.
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- Short recap of the basics of licensing
- Overview of the key terms of a license agreement
- Possible variations for each term
- Helpful tool: Term Sheet
- Comments on the negotiation
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar is offered free of charge.
Assistance: For any technical assistance or questions, please get in touch with our training team at: email@example.com