No one has a monopoly on invention, so in order to innovate, remain competitive and grow, collaboration is essential - whether it is a research collaboration, or a business collaboration to access new markets, or to develop new innovative products or services.
- intellectual property | small and medium-sized enterprises
- Live streaming available
- Starts on Tuesday 15 November 2022, 10:30 CET
- Number of seats
- 1000 Participants
- Entrance fee
- This Webinar is offered free of charge
SMEs and start-ups, in particular, have limited capacity to “go it alone”, and so collaborating with others is essential to achieve that which could not be achieved alone,
Collaborating with others is about “give and take” – about sharing physical and/or intellectual assets, developing new markets together, or jointly developing innovations for mutual benefit. Successful collaborations, and ultimately successful commercial exploitation, depends on having sound strategies for the management, protection, and exploitation of the outputs of these collaborations –the Intellectual Property.
This webinar will address the key IP issues which need to be addressed in business collaborations, particularly for SMEs and startups, in order to best use these intellectual assets as strategic tools to maintain competitiveness, enable growth and business expansion, and support investment.
Host: European IP Helpdesk
Speakers: Dr. Eugene Sweeney
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
At the end of the webinar, you will have a better understanding of:
- How to manage you IP before entering a business collaboration
- IP considerations when developing collaboration agreements
- How to develop strategies for IP management, protection and exploitation to support the company’s business growth, investment readiness, and long term competitiveness.
- IP management after the collaboration
Duration: 60 Minutes (presentation) + 15 Minutes (Q&A)