This webinar will provide you with an introduction to basic concepts and definitions of Intellectual Property (IP) and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). Additionally, participants are given a first overview of existing practices and processes related to IP management.
- intellectual property
- Live streaming available
- Starts on Wednesday 7 September 2022, 10:30 CEST
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
- Entrance fee
- The webinar is offered free of charge.
Host: European IP Helpdesk
Speakers: Michele Dubbini (European IP Helpdesk Training Team)
Level of Expertise: Basic
After the training, participants should be able to answer the following main questions:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues? Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy? What are the first steps to be taken?
- What IP protection can I use (e.g. trademarks, patents etc.)?
- To which institutions can I turn for help?
- What do different IP titles cost?
- How do I perform basic IP searches? What tools exist?
- What does counterfeiting mean?
- How can IPR be enforced?
- What are the basic mechanisms of making money with IP?
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: This webinar is offered free of charge.