New products, brands, and creative designs appear almost daily on the market and are the result of continuous human innovation and creativity. However, SMEs and startups often lack the time, resources, or knowledge to address IP issues.
SMEs can protect their innovative solution or improved solution by obtaining a patent or other IPRs that can give a business a competitive advantage. Patent protection e.g. gives them the right to exclude others, allowing them to fend off competition, assume a lead, and secure market position. If left unprotected, a good invention or creation may be lost to larger competitors that are in a better position to commercialize the product or service at a more affordable price, leaving the original inventor or creator without any financial benefit or reward. Adequate protection of a company’s IP is a crucial step in deterring potential infringement and in turning ideas into business assets with a real market value.
- Intellectual property | Business management
- Live streaming available
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
- Live stream
- Online link
- Online time
- Number of seats
- Entrance fee
- The webinar is offered free of charge.
Host: European IP Helpdesk
Speaker: Claire Fritz (Senior Project Manager, European IP Helpdesk) + Michele Dubbini (Senior IP Expert, European IP Helpdesk)
Level of Expertise: Basic
After the training, participants should be able to address the following:
- What is Intellectual Property (IP)?
- What are Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
- Common problems of SMEs in their day to day activities?
- Why should I deal with IP/IPR issues?
- Why should IP be an integral part of my business strategy?
- How can IP be a business asset?
- Which IP protection tools exist/can I use?
- To which institutions can I turn for help?
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar will be offered free of charge.
- European IP Helpdesk Training Team