This webinar will begin with an overview about the nature of plant variety denominations and their interplay with trademarks and geographical indications.
- intellectual property | plant breeding | plant variety right
- Live streaming available
- Starts on Monday 10 October 2022, 10:30 CESTWebinar Recording
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
- Number of seats
- Entrance fee
- This Webinar is offered free of charge
Host: European IP Helpdesk & CPVO
Ms. Ángela Martínez López, Legal Advisor at CPVO
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
Designing an appropriate intellectual property strategy is essential in the Agri-food sector. In the EU, innovators and custodians of tradition count on several tools at their disposal when naming their products, but: how to make the most out of them?
This webinar will begin with an overview about the nature of plant variety denominations and their interplay with trademarks and geographical indications. The speaker will present some examples of their coexistence in the plant-related marketplace and will also provide some insights about how to make a proper use of these rights.
- Definition and function of plant variety denomination
- Definition and function of trademarks, and their difference with plant variety denominations
- Definition and function of geographical indications
- Coexistence in the market and correct use of denominations, trademarks, and geographical indications
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)