Unlike some other rights, copyright comes into existence automatically, and particular attention is therefore needed for its management.
- intellectual property | copyright
- Live streaming available
- Starts on Thursday 15 June 2023, 10:30 CEST
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
- Number of seats
- Entrance fee
- This Webinar is offered free of charge
In collaborative projects, several partners may contribute to copyright works, and so issues of ownership and management, and strategies for protection and exploitation need to be clearly agreed. New Horizon Europe requirements about Open Science also impact the way copyright is addressed for academic publications, and the new (2019) Copyright Directive raises issues for online content and the use of social media.
Host: European IP Helpdesk
Speakers: Dr. Eugene Sweeney
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
- What is copyright and why is it important.
- Why, how and where should copyright be used.
- What should be addressed and agreed in collaborative projects, and when.
- Ownership and rights of collaborators.
- Copyright issues in research publications and Open Science.
- How can copyrighted materials be licensed and transferred (including Open Source and Creative Commons licences).
Duration: 60 minutes (Presentation) + 15 (Q&A)