Each case study provides key takeaways for stakeholders in universities, other public research organisations and businesses. Overall, they demonstrate the importance of patents for technology transfer to start-ups, spin-offs and established companies.
- intellectual property | technology transfer
- Live streaming available
- Starts on Tuesday 18 October 2022, 10:30 CEST
- European Innovation Council and SMEs Executive Agency
- Number of seats
- 1000 Participants
- Entrance fee
- This Webinar is offered free of charge
Time: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm (CET – Central European Time UTC +1) - the webinar session will open 15 minutes before the official start
Host: European IP Helpdesk and EPO Academy
Expert: Technology Transfer Expert José Ricardo Aguilar
Moderator: Stephanie Weber, Communication Manager, European IP Helpdesk
Level of Expertise: Intermediate
A research project to improve surgical navigation combined with the entrepreneurial mindset of the lead researcher at the University of Coimbra (UC) in Portugal led to the creation of Perceive3D. Broad patent protection and a vibrant innovation ecosystem made it possible to target international markets and to secure continuous investment during the long development and approval phases, paving the way for market success.
Disrupting surgical navigation
- Universities should continue supporting their spin-offs once the licence agreement is signed and the spin-off has been created. In most cases, licence agreements should include the option to be adjusted to react quickly to rapidly changing economic environments.
- Protecting the IP of the core technologies is a critical success factor in the initial phase of technology and business development.
- IP awareness among researchers is key to ensuring that research results are properly assessed and protected prior to novelty-destroying publication.
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: The webinar will be offered free of charge.
Assistance: For any technical assistance or questions, please contact the training team at: email@example.com