The Himachal Pradesh Council for Science, Technology & Environment, is the nodal agency for the promotion of Science & Technology and creation of Environment Awareness in the State. The Council was established at Shimla by Govt. of Himachal Pradesh on January 3, 1986 under the country wide programme of the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India to promote Science & Technology in the State.
- To advise State Govt. on Science, Technology & Environment related issues & interventions.
- To develop, demonstrate & transfer appropriate technologies for the State.
- To pool and exchange scientific knowledge from National & International scientific Institutions/organisations for the development of the State.
- To promote, popularise and disseminate Scientific & Technological Innovations.
- To create and strengthen science & technology facilities in the state.
- To promote research & development studies relevant to state needs.
- To establish linkages with Universities and R & D Institutions.
- To provide consultancy services in successfully demonstrated/developed technologies.
- Geographical areas of activities & services
- Organisation type
- Governmental organisations & agencies
- InnovationMarket informationTechnologyTechnology transfer