EuroCham Cambodia, in association with the South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk and with the participation of GMAC, is pleased to invite you to an interactive webinar on "Intellectual Property in the Fashion and Garment Industry" on Wednesday, December 1st at 3:00 PM (GMT+7).
The webinar is open to all, members and non-members, and will be of interest to anyone doing business in Cambodia or considering to invest in Cambodia, even outside the garment, manufacturing and textile industries. This is the perfect opportunity for participants to gain a better understanding and practical knowledge in regard to intellectual property (IP) in Cambodia.
The event will consist of an extensive presentation by H.E. Mr. Soun Vichea, Director of the Intellectual Property Department (Ministry of Commerce), on the general regulatory framework relating to IP rights protection in Cambodia.
Mr. Thea Pheng, Partner at Abacus IP and External Expert of the South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk, will present on the different relevant IP aspects to the garment and fashion industry, as well as the current situation concerning IP protection, from the protection for fashion designs over branding and trademarks to patents for technical fabrics.
Mr. Massimiliano Tropeano, EuroCham Sustainability and Garment Expert will moderate an interactive panel discussion with representatives from the Garment Manufacturers Association of Cambodia – GMAC, the Intellectual Property Department of the Ministry of Commerce, representatives from large European garment and textile companies, and our expert Mr. Thea Pheng.
There will be an extensive Q&A opportunity for the public to engage with the panel and raise any questions that you may have.
- intellectual property
- Live streaming available
- EuroCham Cambodia, GMAC-Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia & SEA IP SME Helpdesk
- Entrance fee
- Free of charge
- 3:00 PM – 3:25 PM: Opening remarks and Presentation on IP legal framework by H.E. Mr. Soun Vichea, Director of Intellectual Property Department, Ministry of Commerce.
- 3:25 PM – 3:50 PM: Presentation on issues for Fashion and Garment Industry in Cambodia and experiences from the region by Mr. Thea Pheng, Partner at Abacus IP and External Expert of South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk.
- 3:50 PM – 4:40 PM: Panel Discussion and Q&A with audience.
- 4:40 PM – 5.00 PM: Buffer time and Closing remarks by Mr. Massimiliano Tropeano, Sustainability and Garment Industry Expert, EuroCham Cambodia.