The agri-food sector, covering the production, processing, packing and distribution of food and drink products, has been experiencing strong growth worldwide. The sector currently maintains good dynamism and enjoys a privileged position for further development.
Differentiation and innovation are now key factors to succeed on the related industries. Thus, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) are becoming more and more important for competing in such field.
The International IP SME Helpdesk in collaboration with the Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO) will host an online training that will provide European SMEs with and overview of the relevance of each IPR for the sector (including trade marks, patents, industrial design, copyright, plant varieties and more) as well as software protection and other relevant IP clauses, with special focus on the most remarkable particularities of Africa, China, India, Latin America and South-East Asia.
Our IP experts will also assist you in any IP-related enquiries you might have and guide you on the business aspects you must consider succeeding abroad.
- intellectual property | plant variety right
- Online only
- Live streaming available
- Online only
- Community Plant Variety Office (CPVO) & Africa - China - India - Latin America - South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk
- Entrance fee
- Free of charge
Programme Content/ Agenda:
- Introduction (10 mins) – Mr. Benoît Tardy, IP Business Advisor of the SEA IP SME Helpdesk.
- Why IP is important and how to benefit from IP in the agri-food sector (10 mins) – Mr. César Elvira Fernández, IP Expert of Latin America IP SME Helpdesk.
- Brief introduction to CPVO & Protection of Plant Varieties for agri-food products (20 mins) – Ms. Sara Piva, Legal Officer - International Cooperation of CPVO.
- Panel Discussion: "Local particularities – What’s different in Africa, China, India, Latin America and SEA (35 mins).
- Mr. Benoît Tardy – Moderator, SEA IP SME Helpdesk.
- Mr. César Elvira Fernández – IP Expert, Latin America IP SME Helpdesk.
- Mr. Matias Sebastian Zubimendi Rodriguez – IP Advisor, China IP SME Helpdesk.
- Mr. Girish Somwarpet Nagraj – IP Expert, India IP SME Helpdesk.
- Ms. Nancy Samuriwo and Ms. Wéré Palouki Gazaro – IP Expert, Africa IP SME Helpdesk.
- Q&A (10 mins) – All Speakers and Panelists.
- Closing remarks (3 mins).