1. Event Details:
Event type: Virtual Training
Date: 6 May 2022
Time: 10:00 (CEST) / 15:00 (ICT)
2. Programme Synopsis:
The seminar will focus on recent developments in Thailand regarding the legislative framework to enforce intellectual property rights online and in particular the adoption of the Memorandum of Understanding on the Enforcement against Online IPR Infringement, the 2022 Amendments to the Thai Copyright Act and more. Representatives from online shopping platform and Thai law experts will discuss on how to efficiently use the new legal provisions.
The seminar will allow for an open discussion between the public and the panelist during a designated Q&A session on “What SME brand owners should know when selling online or/and how SME can handle online IP issues compared to big companies?” to ensure that all level of businesses in Thailand are provided with sufficient information on current and future IPR developments.
- intellectual property
- Online only
- Live streaming available
- Online only
- Entrance fee
- Free of charge
- Opening Remarks: Introductions to EABC and South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk
- IP Presentations (40 mins):
- Presentation 1: The Memorandum of Understanding on the Enforcement against Online IPR Infringement - By Ms. Kannicha Wungmuthitakul, Associate of Tilleke & Gibbins International Ltd.
- Presentation 2: Lazada’s enforcement of Online IP infringements - By Ms. Raenuka Fangtong, Government Affairs Manager of Lazada (Thailand).
- Panel Discussion and Q&A session (20 mins): "Topic: What SME brand owners should know when selling online or/and how SME can handle online IP issues compared to big companies".
Moderated by Mr. Franck Fougere, IP External Expert of SEA IP SME Helpdesk and Chairman of EABC IPR Working Group.
- Closing Remarks.