Date: Tuesday, 13 July 2021
Time: 4:00- 5:30 pm PST / 9:00- 10:30 am UKT / 10:00- 11:30 am CEST
The Philippines is one of the most dynamic economies in the South-East Asia Pacific region. With increasing urbanization, a growing middle class, and a large and young population, the Philippines’ economic dynamism is rooted in strong consumer demand supported by a vibrant labor market and robust remittances.
According to the World Bank, the Philippines has sustained an average growth rate of 6.4% between 2010-2019, making it one of the world's fastest-growing economies and continues to attract strong and viable foreign investments.
Through this webinar, in partnership with the Department for International Trade Midlands, the British Chamber of Commerce Philippines aims to guide and encourage more UK companies to access overseas markets such as the Philippines.
Companies interested in the Philippine market are invited to attend this webinar to discover the opportunities, challenges and trends in the country’s ecommerce and retail industry.
Speakers/ Panelists: Please see HERE
- intellectual property | retail trade
- Live streaming available
- British Chamber of Commerce Philippines (BritCham Philippines) & Department for International Trade Midlands
- Entrance fee
- Free of charge
9:00 AM: Welcome Remarks - BCCP.
9:05 AM: Vincenzo Gallone - FMCG Specialist Adviser, Department for International Trade Midlands Region.
9:10 AM: Des Deocareza-Lozano - Business Development and Retail Director, Kantar.
- Current Philippines’ retail and e-commerce environment:
- The Philippine retail and ecommerce markets and opportunities particularly (non-food FMCG goods).
- The Key players, specialist stores and Department stores.
9:30 AM: Petrus Carbonell - Head of Business Development, Lazada Philippines
- Business journey and success of Lazada in the Philippines’ Ecommerce Industry.
- Doing business in the retail and ecommerce sectors in the Philippines, advise on working with partners.
9:50 AM: Benoît Tardy - IP Business Advisor, South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk.
Top tips for protecting your brand in the Philippines:
- What to know about Trade Mark registration in the Philippines
- Case study to protect the shape of a product
- Brand protection strategy
- Monitoring the market (competitors and trade mark watch).
- Monitoring the Internet (social media and ecommerce platforms).
10:05 AM: Panel Discussion - Moderated by Vincenzo Gallone.
- Petrus Carbonell, Lazada
- Des Deocareza-Lozano, Kantar
- Benoît Tardy, South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk
10:30 AM: Closing Remarks - Chris Nelson, BCCP.
10:35 AM: End of Formal Session