EuroCham Vietnam and the South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk invite you to join this live and interactive webinar to explore the recent rapid, growth of Vietnam’s E-commerce market. The General Department of Market Surveillance (GDMS) predicts the annual growth rate of Vietnam’s E-commerce in 2015-2025 to be 43 percent.
The webinar will examine how the retail sector has shaped the E-commerce market and created new behaviour for shoppers’ attitudes. In this context, businesses have to face multiple challenges due to the constantly moving sector and our speakers will share some practical recommendations from a business and legal perspective to safely navigate the E-commerce environment.
While E-commerce offers plenty of opportunities, we should keep in mind that online counterfeiting presents one of the main risks when selling and buying online. Last year, GDMS checked more than 5,000 cases and settled about 4,500 violations, distributing fines of VND30 billion ($1.3 million) in total. Thanks to the new E-commerce draft decree, Vietnam is expected to enhance the legal framework for E-commerce activities which will also ensure a safer environment from an IP standpoint for all players.
Join our outstanding speakers to discover the latest trends and challenges of Vietnam’s e-commerce ecosystem.
- intellectual property
- Live streaming available
- EuroCham Vietnam and South-East Asia IP SME Helpdesk
- Entrance fee
- Free of charge
Welcome Remarks - Erwin Debaere, Secretary General of EuroCham Vietnam & Financial Director of Perfetti Van Melle Vietnam
- Covid impact on online sales in Vietnam
- IP challenges of online sales
Part 1: Overview about the E-commerce market in Vietnam – Speaker: Ms. Tran Huynh, Director – Vietnam Retailer Vertical Lead, Nielsen
- Overview of Vietnam market and FMCG Landscape 2020-2021.
- Update the evolution of retail channels and E-commerce in Vietnam.
- Understand online shoppers in Vietnam.
Part 2: How to setup an E-commerce business, regulatory challenges – Speaker: Mr. Matthew Lourey, Managing Partner, Acclime Vietnam
- How overcome regulatory challenges on E-commerce platforms.
- Tips how to operate or setup your business on E-commerce platforms.
- Sharing a case study: transition to E-commerce over pandemic.
Part 3: General landscape of counterfeit issues on e-commerce platforms in Vietnam – Speaker: Ms. Yen Vu, Principal - Country Manager of Rouse & External Expert of SEA IP SME Helpdesk
- Enforcement routes against the trading of counterfeits on E-commerce platforms
- Draft amendment of E-Commerce decree and its implication on enforcement