Join us on the 4th of May 2021 for this webinar organised by the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, EUROCHAMBRES and the India IP SME Helpdesk in collaboration with the Business Support to the EU-India Policy Dialogue.
- International trade | Intellectual property
- Pieejams tiešraides straumējums
- Online link
- Online time
In November 2018, the EU adopted a new strategy on India which aims to strengthen the EU-India strategic partnership by focusing on sustainable modernisation and on common responses to global and regional issues. It is meant to serve for the next decade as a coherent platform to advance key EU interests, improving the way the EU approaches India.
The EU is already India’s first partner in terms of trade and investments. Bilateral trade in goods in 2019 and services in 2018 total € 107,5 billion, while cumulative FDI amounts to 70.35 billion in 2018. It is also worth noting that the EU-India trade in goods is remarkably balanced with exports amounting to €38.2 billion and imports to € 39.6 billion. This proves the complementarity of the two economies. Around 6000 EU companies are present in India, providing direct and indirect employment to around 6.7 million people.
On the 8th of May 2021, the European Union and Indian leaders will meet for the EU-India summit.
In this webinar:
- You will learn more about the Indian market, the available business opportunities and support offered to EU businesses, in particular in the Environment, Energy & Climate Change, ICT and Urbanization sectors in India.
- You will discover the best strategy to protect your Intellectual Property when doing business in India, with particular focus on protecting innovation in India.
- Finally, you will hear about the successful experience of a Portuguese company doing business in the Indian market.
This webinar is organized by the Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry, EUROCHAMBRES and the India IP SME Helpdesk in collaboration with the Business Support to the EU-India Policy Dialogue.
11:00 | Welcome
João Pedro Guimarães, Secretary General, Portuguese Chamber of Commerce and Industry
11:10 | India – undiscovered market & EU-India Business Collaborations
Joel Fernandes, Project Lead Europe, Business Support to the EU–India Policy Dialogues Project
11:30 | The services of the India IP SME Helpdesk
Nicoletta Favaretto, Senior Project Officer, India IP SME Helpdesk
11:35 | Protecting your Intellectual Property when doing business in India
Hana Onderková, IP Expert, India IP SME Helpdesk
12:05 | Good practice: testimonial of a company doing business with India
Pedro Pinto, Head of Global Business Development, Vision-Box
12:15 | Q&A
12:25 | Closing Remarks
Dominic Boucsein, Head of International Trade and Foreign Policy, EUROCHAMBRES
Please sign up for free here.