R&D collaborations are becoming increasingly important in the Agri-food sector. Cross sector collaborations take research and development activities to a higher level, resulting in new technologies e.g. in the field of robotics, AI, vertical farming and new breeding technologies. Innovations resulting from such collaborations will contribute to solving global food challenges and play an important role in sustainability. However, drafting R&D agreements may be challenging in practice.
During this introductory course, the structure and key provisions of R&D agreements will be discussed on the basis of practical examples, with a focus on the IP arrangements (ownership and access rights during and after the collaboration) and other legal aspects that need to be taken into account, such as EU competition law. Various types of R&D collaborations will be touched upon, including multiparty collaborations, collaborations with research institutes and subsidized projects. The participants will learn about the particularities of the types of collaborations and the pitfalls that need to be taken into account when drafting these agreements.
- Agricultural research | Innovation | International agreement
- Live streaming available
- Live stream
- Online link
- Online time
- Number of seats
- Entrance fee
- free of charge
Host: European IP Helpdesk / CIOPORA
Speakers: Fleur Tuinzing-Westerhuis (Advocaat/Counsel HOUTHOFF)
Level of Expertise: Basic
- basic understanding of the structure and key provisions of R&D agreements
- what to know about ownership and access rights during and after the collaboration
- understanding the role of EU competition law in this context
- gaining an overview of possible types of R&D collaborations (multiparty/with research institutes & projects)
- and their particularities when it comes to collaboration & drafting agreements
Duration: 60 minutes (presentation) + 15 minutes (Q&As)
Fee: This webinar is offered free of charge.