Based on the set of seven technology transfer case studies, the seminar series aims to illustrate how patents facilitate technology transfer from R&D-conducting organisations and promote market success. Covering a range of economic sectors, countries, and types of technology transfer, each case study provides key takeaways for stakeholders in universities, public research organisations and businesses.
- intellectual property
- Online only
- Online only
By providing an overview on the different cases studies and discussing the importance of technology transfer as a means to valorise IP, specifically in the context of research cooperation, this kick-off event will set the scene for the subsequent training sessions dealing with each of the case studies individually and in more detail. The introduction to the topic will be rounded off by an update on the unitary patent system and its implications for SMEs and universities. Participants will have the opportunity to exchange with the speakers in a “Meet the Speakers” session following the official programme.
- The Impact of the Innovation Case Studies (Yann Ménière, EPO)
- Nuts and Bolts of Research Cooperation
- Spotlight #1: Collaborative IP management in the frame of research cooperation (Jörg Scherer, European IP Helpdesk)
- Spotlight #2: Valorising research results and the role of patents (Ilja Rudyk/Thomas Bereuter, EPO (tbc))
- Unitary Patent System for SMEs and Universities (Michael Fröhlich, EPO)
- Meet the Speakers (optional)