This is the first webinar of the Africa IP SME Helpdesk, in which we will discuss why it makes commercial sense to protect IP in Africa through an overview of the IPR landscape in the region. In particular, it will cover the following levels of IPR protection:
- International perspective - the EUIPO’s preferential financing of non-EU Madrid and Hague system trade marks and designs
- Regional perspectives – focusing on ARIPO and OAPI tips and tricks to gain maximum protection as increase optimal cost including;
- How to reduce professional fees – use reputable agents, how to choose them and from where.
- ARIPO – how to make “smart” class and state designations. ARIPO has great scope for using its “a la carte” system to chose state and class designations that are tailor-made to a business’ needs and commercial capacity.
- OAPI perspective on class and state designations.